Whether you’ve been dying to hit the road for the first time, you’re a weekend warrior, or you travel all summer long, here are 10 must-have travel trailer accessories that you should consider. Having them along will make life on the open road a bit easier and provide added comfort. With the right accessories, you can have everyday conveniences, regardless of where you are.
Technology is a daily part of life and allows everyone to do what they love, watch TV, go online and play games on any device. With these three valuable travel trailer accessories, you’ll always have technology at your side, whether you are on the coastline, deep in the Mojave Desert, or on a Rocky Mountain summit.
1. Dish Tailgater – Having the programming that you are used to, no matter where you are, is as simple as getting the Dish Tailgater with pay as you go service. With the small tailgater satellite and the dish receiver, you’ll have your dish programming with you, including your local channels. The pay as you go service allows you to turn it on and off according to your travel needs.
2. HughesNet – Hughes Net is known for providing internet service to rural locations throughout the United States. In fact, they provide service to many households that otherwise would’ve been left with outdated dial-up. Now Hughes Net has stepped it up a notch by providing portable internet with additional equipment designed to provide service from any location.
3. RV Solar Panel Kit – Having an RV solar kit with you allows you to keep those devices charged, no matter where you find yourself. It’s true that parks are set up with power options; however, this shouldn’t automatically be assumed. After all, on occasion, parks are filled to capacity, requiring travel trailers to park in a lot without power. Also, if you have driven to the middle of nowhere to experience true nature, you probably won’t have much access to power. Having a solar kit will allow you to harness the power of the sun and keep those devices charged and usable.
Make Comfort a Part of Traveling While Off the Beaten Path
When traveling, you’re leaving the comfort of home behind; however, doing so doesn’t need to leave you without a decent level of comfort. There are many must-have travel trailer accessories that are designed specifically to provide added comfort. Having a few extras along with you will improve your relaxation at any destination, thereby allowing you to fully enjoy the travel trailer experience.
4. Gila Heat Control Window Film – From the west coast to the east coast, you’ll come across several breathtaking locations that would be perfect, if only the heat would die down just slightly. By adding heat control window film to your windows, you can cut down the sun’s heat by up to 70%. This reduces the amount of time that you have to keep your overhead air conditioner running. This means that you can maintain a comfortable temperature indoors without having to hear a constant buzz from your air conditioner in the background. Installing the window film can be time-consuming; however, it’s well worth it in the end.
5. Outdoor Fold Up Tables and Chairs – Bringing along your own fold up table and chairs can dramatically improve your level of comfort. Sometimes you might find yourself in locations with picnic tables that have seen better days. Having your own allows you to enjoy an evening outside without having to deal with splinters and general dirt and grime.
6. One Acre Natural Mosquito Trap – One drawback of visiting many places while traveling is the constant attack by those little bloodsuckers. The One Acre Natural Mosquito Trap entices mosquitoes, traps them, and then kills them, all without harmful chemicals. It does cost more than basic propane-run systems, but it’s also better for you and the entire environment.
Little Conveniences That Will Improve Your Camping Adventure
Whether you started in New York and ended in Texas or you left Seattle to discover the Grand Canyon, everyday convenience is something you have at home and something you should have while traveling. These must-have travel trailer accessories will ensure that you’ll still enjoy conveniences while on the road. In fact, after giving them a whirl, you may wonder why you don’t use them at home too.
7. Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker – Whether you’re a coffee lover or not, you still more than likely want the occasional cup of java. With the Aero Press, you get to have a bold, flavorful cup on-demand in less than a minute. And as a bonus, it takes up minimal space, it’s made of heavy-duty plastic, and it basically reduces the need to worry about a bulky coffee machine.
8. Hamilton Beach Portable Frozen Drink Maker – Regardless of whether you’re sizzling from the heat or you just want a frozen Banana Daiquiri by the campfire, a portable frozen drink maker is the ticket to having what you need, wherever you want it. This must-have trailer accessory is battery operated and can be bought on a small to large scale.
9. NuWave Oven – Though I’m not usually big on items that debuted as an infomercial, the NuWave Oven is definitely a must-have for any RV. Having one allows you to have delicious meals without having to waste propane in the Magic Chef oven, standard in most travel trailers. Additionally, you’ll have the benefit of less cooking time and less heat, thereby keeping your travel trailer cool and giving you time to do what’s really important, having fun.
10. Outdoor Serving Tray – Considering that more often than not, dinners are made half inside and half outside, having an outdoor serving tray can be quite a convenience. Having one allows you to place food, condiments, and added utensils on the tray, thereby reducing four or five trips into one or two. Additionally, cleaning will be a breeze.
Going away from home doesn’t mean you have to give up the luxuries of home. These 10 awesome travel trailer accessories will ensure you’ll be connected and comfortable while on the road. With a little shopping and preparation, you can make your life in a traveling home a little more like home.